Imagine you can eat what you want, know when you're hungry and be happy with your body and yourself. It's all part of the inner game of eating self-control. The inner game keeps your head in tune with your gut feelings and your body with simple intuitive tools.
- Your head is the hard drive where you store experience and where your values connect.
- Your gut feeling is the connection that protects you by staying clear about what you sense and your long term priorities.
- Your body is the source of energy, health and pleasure. Naturally, you want to tune in to that!
- Perspective is how you know yourself.
- It allows you to get out of your own way to see where you're going.
The inner game of eating includes checking in with your body with all 5 senses before you put food in your mouth. Doing that is your intuitive way of showing self-respect. Your senses give you an intimate reality check. What's real is not a plan or a number on a scale. What's real when it comes to the inner game is how you feel, what you sense and your personal priorities.
- curiosity reminds you to notice what you notice with your senses and your mind
- prudence is the reminder that you always have options and the ability to choose what feels best
- foresight reminds you to think about the results of your choices so there are no regrets.